Our monthly roundup is here.
Find all the updates, new features and improvements we made for November 2023.
New Features and Updates
Advanced CSV Beta Testing
Our advanced csv is ideal when importing international shipments that require detailed line item descriptions. Find detailed instructions on this template and try it today. If you have any feedback on the advanced template, please let us know as we invite all feedback.
Accuracy & Details
Providing accurate and detailed shipment descriptions is key to ensuring your shipments move smoothly. General descriptions will cause shipment delays or worse undeliverable shipments. Need help or have questions, our team is always available to give a helping hand. Contact us
Batching Your Shipment
When you have shipments you want to drop off at a drop spot or picked up by Chit Chats, remember to add them to a batch. Creating a batch helps speed up the tracking updates when we process your shipments. Find common FAQs in this helpful resource
Find our recommendations for when to ship your packages to meet the holiday shipping deadlines from our carrier. As always, manage your customer’s expectations as delivery times are always estimated and not guaranteed.
If you import shipments you can now customize your preference to allow postage to be imported with an unknown postage type. Go to your Account/Settings/Shipping and select your preference in the ‘Import Shipments’ section.
Location and Branch Updates
Planning on shipping over the holidays? Find our special holiday hours and which branches will be open here.
USPS First Class Mail International
Only documents can be shipped using USPS First Class Mail International if the package type is a letter or flat envelope. If you ship merchandise, select another postage type (USPS First Class Package International, USPS Priority Mail International or Chit Chats International Tracked) and use the package type parcel or thick envelope.
Chit Chats Fulfillment
- Resolved: Customs tax reference (i.e. IOSS/VAT) information being transmitted to our partner carrier. Remember this field cannot be more than 20 characters and only contain letters and numbers. Find guidelines here
- Resolved: Return labels will only be charged if used by your customer to send back a shipment
- Resolved: Postage labels with incorrect tracking information
- If your shipment was impacted find the most up to date tracking information on Chit Chats tracking page instead of the carrier tracking page
- Resolved: Faster importing processing for BigCommerce integration that now allows you to import more than 50 orders at a time