Last year, the Government of Canada passed legislation to officially make September 30 the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Canada’s newest federal holiday. Also known to many as Orange Shirt Day, the holiday serves to commemorate Canada’s history of residential schools and recognize the survivors and their families on the path to reconciliation with Canada’s Indigenous peoples.
While only a few provinces recognize the day as a statutory holiday, all our Chit Chats branches will close in observance. Find our holiday schedule below.
Thu, Sep 29
- All locations are open with regular hours
- Regular pickup schedule
Fri, Sep 30
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation🧡
- Closed at all branches and drop spots
- Some drop spots will be open with special holiday hours
- No pickups will be scheduled
- Vancouver after-hours drop box will be checked Mon, Oct 3
Sat, Oct 1 & Sun Oct 2
- Regular weekend branch hours
- Regular drop spot hours
Mon, Oct 3
- Back to regular business hours for all locations
- Laval, QC special hours: 12:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Regular pickup schedule resumes
Wishing you a safe holiday with time for reflection and healing.
The Chit Chats Team