Shipment Compliance DeclarationDate of last revision: Jun 21, 2021
Please read these terms and conditions of Shipment Compliance Declaration in detail, by using Chit Chats services you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
"Account Holder" shall mean any individual taking ownership for themselves or a business who sends packages ("Goods") for shipment, by packaging, labeling and arranging for transit etc., either directly or indirectly, and shall include any person, corporation, employee, or relative etc. who sends goods for shipment on someone else's behalf. The account holder must have the authority to act on behalf of themselves or the business and will be held personally accountable for all actions taken on behalf of the business.
For further clarity, the account holder is responsible for all aspects of your Chit Chats account, including goods shipped and ensuring full compliance with the terms of Shipment Compliance Declaration.
"Chit Chats" shall mean CHIT CHATS EXPRESS INC.
I, (hereinafter referred to as the "Account Holder" and in accordance with the aforesaid definition),
Solemnly Declare, that
- The account holder has provided Chit Chats with current and accurate contact information related to the account holder including personal full legal name of the account holder, associated business name, Canadian mailing address, telephone number(s), email address and contact information for any other person authorized to ship on the account holder's behalf.
- The account holder is responsible for ensuring any and all goods shipped by the account holder include the correct return name and address, as corresponds with the return name and address provided in the account holder's account. The account holder is further responsible for notifying Chit Chats if and when any changes to same are made. For further clarity, the individual or business name and address as appears on the account holder's postage labels must be the same as that on the account.
- Any and all goods shipped by the account holder to any U.S. residential or business address does not exceed the total retail value of Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars. For greater certainty, no single goods shipped to a U.S. residential or business address will exceed the total retail value of Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars nor will the combined value of multiple goods shipped to a single U.S. residential or business address exceed the total retail value of Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars. This regulation includes shipments with an International final destination that enter the United States for transit.
- Any and all goods shipped by the account holder to any U.S. residential or business address shall be declared in retail value. For further clarity, wholesale values are not accepted as retail values. Retail value is the price the buyer paid for the goods. This definition does not apply to wholesale. The value declared on wholesale shipments must reflect the retail value of the product had the buyer purchased them without the wholesale discount.
- Any and all goods shipped by the account holder to any U.S. residential or business address shall be sold prior to transit to the U.S. with the exception of gift(s) that may only have a maximum value of USD $100.
- Any and all gifts shipped by the account holder to any U.S. residential or business address will have a maximum retail value of One Hundred (USD $100) U.S Dollars.
- Any and all collectible(s) shipped by the account holder to any U.S. residential or business address are to be accompanied by a sales invoice.
- Any and all goods shipped by the account holder to any U.S. residential or business address that exceeds a total retail value of Three Hundred (USD $300.00) U.S. Dollars shall be accompanied by a sales invoice.
- Any and all goods shipped by the account holder to any U.S. Fulfillment by Amazon center shall be accompanied by a sales invoice.
- That if requested by Chit Chats or any U.S. or International Customs representative, at its sole and absolute discretion, the account holder will promptly provide adequate supporting documentation and evidence to confirm the total retail value of the goods or goods to be shipped by Chit Chats, and fully understand that failure to provide same may result in Chit Chats' refusal to accept (in whole or in part) any shipment and/or goods.
- The account holder is responsible for submitting electronic shipment information for any and all goods shipped with Chit Chats. The account holder is further responsible for ensuring that same is accurate and compliant with all applicable customs and regulatory laws. The contents of all goods must be accurately described. Generic descriptions are not permitted and quantities are mandatory.
- Chit Chats shall declare any and all goods shipped by the account holder using the electronic shipment information to the appropriate U.S. and International Customs officials. The account holder authorizes Chit Chats to alter same only in the event that a correction is required to provide clarity and accuracy to U.S. or International customs officials. As such the account holder forever now and in the future releases, indemnifies and saves harmless Chit Chats and all of their employees, agents, contractors, successors, or assigns from any and all claims that U.S. or International Customs or the account holder may have or may in the future have with respect to the U.S. or International Customs information declared.
All goods must not contain any prohibited or non-compliant items, the carriage
of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any Federal, state
or local government of any country to or through which the shipment may be carried.
The list below includes some, but not all, items prohibited from transiting to
or through the U.S. Please note that some items listed here may also be prohibited
from transiting through additional destinations.
- Items valued at more than Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars
- Food and beverages (including candy, tea, coffee)
- Medical devices
- Medicine (prescription and non-prescription)
- Cannabis, narcotics or drugs of any kind
- Dietary supplements
- Glasses/Eyewear (prescription and non-prescription)
- Firearms, ammunition and weapons of any kind
- Plant matter (including seeds)
- Chemicals, hazardous materials or combustibles
- Knockoffs (products that violate copyright laws)
- Human remains (including ashes and hair)
- Products regulated by the U.S food and drug administration (FDA)
- Products regulated by the U.S. department of agriculture (USDA)
- US Customs and Border Protection (US CBP)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
The account holder is responsible for ensuring any and all goods shipped by
the account holder are classified, packaged, marked and labelled, and are in
all respects in proper condition for transport and/or shipping according to
applicable International and National Government regulations of any country,
including the United States, through which the goods may travel. The account
holder further acknowledges that it has read and understands the rules and
regulations strictly enforced by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
and Department of Transportation (DOT). As such, it is the account holder's
responsibility to ensure all shipments tendered to Chit Chats meet the carrier
and service restrictions regulated and strictly enforced by TSA and DOT.
The list below includes some, but not all, items prohibited from air transportation:
- Fuels (ex. Propane, gasoline, butane, etc.)
- Flammable Matter
- Safety or strike-anywhere matches
- Lithium or other rechargeable batteries (including devices containing such batteries)
- Nail Polish
- Alcohol-based perfumes
- Aerosols (ex. Spray-on deodorant, hair spray, etc.)
- Magnetized materials with a magnetic field strength greater than 0.00525 gauss at 4.5 metres (ex. Strong or industrial magnets or magnetic materials)
- Arc Lighters, Plasma Lighters, Electronic Lighters, E-Lighters
- Disposable and Zippo Lighters
- Dry Ice
- Vehicle Air Bags
- Vacuum-sealed bags
- The account holder acknowledges that it is the account holder's responsibility to ensure all shipments are in compliance with Provincial, Federal and International legislation and any other Applicable Laws (all laws and regulations respecting the transportation, exportation or importation of goods and materials that are applicable to goods consigned to Chit Chats).
- The account holder acknowledges that it is the account holder's responsibility to reconcile any and all International Customs taxes and duties accrued on its shipments as derived from electronic shipment information submitted to Chit Chats. For further clarity, the account holder will be responsible for reconciling with its recipient(s) all taxes and duties applied by International Customs with the exception of U.S Customs.
- The undersigned account holder expressly acknowledges and agrees that Chit Chats reserves the right to refuse to accept (in whole or in part) any shipment and/or goods that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the carriage of same may be prohibited by International or National Regulations.
- Further, the account holder acknowledges and agrees that any and all shipments may be subject to internal compliance checks by Chit Chats, at its sole and absolute discretion, along with any external compliance checks performed by the United States Customs and Border Protection agency or International Customs Officers. For clarity, this means any and all goods may be opened to confirm the accuracy of any shipment declarations.
- The account holder acknowledges that providing false or misleading Customs declaration(s) or attempting to ship prohibited items or restricted carrier items may result in fines, penalties and legal action.
The account holder agrees that postage purchased through Chit Chats must be
tendered to Chit Chats and must not be tendered directly to a Chit Chats partner
carrier. The account holder authorizes Chit Chats to charge their account the
following fees per every shipment dropped off to the partner carrier:
- An administrative fee of $50.00
- Any adjustment fee that the partner carrier charges Chit Chats for such instances
The account holder hereby agrees that this acknowledgment and waiver shall survive and not merge on completion of this transaction.
I hereby forever release, indemnify and save harmless, Chit Chats and all of their employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns from any and all claims I now have or may in the future have with respect to the services provided hereunder.
Words importing the singular numbers included the plural and vice-versa; words importing the masculine gender included the feminine and neuter genders. The headings and other captions in these Terms of Service are for convenience and reference only and are not to be construed in any way as additional or limitations of the covenants and agreements contained in the Terms of Service.
For Residents of Quebec
The parties declare that they have required that these Terms of Service and all documents related hereto, either present or future, be drawn up in the English language only.
Les parties déclarent par la présente qu'elles exigent que les présentes conditions d'utilisation et tous les documents connexes, qu'ils soient actuels ou futurs, soient rédigés en anglais uniquement.
I certify that all the statements made and all the information contained herein are true and accurate and that I have had an opportunity to discuss this declaration with Chit Chats prior to my acknowledgement. I have read and understand the terms set out in this declaration and confirm that I am under no duress or undue influence from any party or entity whatsoever. I further understand that civil and criminal penalties may be imposed for making false representations or statements herein or for the violation of International or National laws.