Shipment Compliance DeclarationDate of last revision: Nov 27, 2018
"Shipper" shall mean any individual taking ownership for themselves or business who sends goods for shipment, by packaging, labeling and arranging for transit etc., either directly or indirectly, and shall include any person, corporation, employee, or relative etc. who sends goods for shipment on someone else’s behalf. The Shipper must have the authority to act on behalf of themselves or the business and will be held personally accountable for all actions taken on behalf of the business.
"Corporation" shall mean CHIT CHATS EXPRESS INC or CHIT CHATS EXPRESS BRITISH COLUMBIA.
I, (hereinafter referred to as the "Shipper" and in accordance with the aforesaid definition),
Solemnly Declare, that
- The Shipper has provided the Corporation with current and accurate contact information related to the Shipper including business name, personal name, address, telephone number(s), email address and contact information for any other person authorized to ship on the Shipper's behalf.
- Any and all package(s) shipped by the Shipper to any U.S. resident do(es) not exceed the total retail value of Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars. For greater certainty, no single package shipped to a U.S. resident will exceed the total retail value of Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars nor will the combined value of multiple packages shipped to a single U.S. resident exceed the total retail value of Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars. This regulation includes shipments with an International final destination that enter the United States. For further clarity, wholesale values are not accepted as retail values.
- Any and all package(s) shipped by the Shipper to any U.S. residential or business address shall be declared in retail value. For further clarity, wholesale values are not accepted as retail values. Retail value is the price the buyer paid for the goods. This definition does not apply to wholesale. The value declared on wholesale shipments must reflect the retail value of the product had the buyer purchased them without the wholesale discount.
- Any and all package(s) shipped by the Shipper to any U.S. residential or business address shall be sold prior to transit to the U.S. Exceptions may apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if unsure.
- Any and all collectible(s) shipped by the Shipper to any U.S. resident are be accompanied by a sales invoice.
- Any and all gift(s) shipped by the Shipper to any U.S. resident will have a maximum retail value of One Hundred (USD $100) U.S Dollars.
- Any and all package(s) shipped by the Shipper to any U.S. resident that exceeds a total retail value of Three Hundred (USD $300.00) U.S. Dollars shall be accompanied by a sales invoice.
- The Shipper acknowledges that Chit Chats does not accept shipments destined for Amazon FBA and other fulfillment centres.
- That if requested by the Corporation or any U.S. or International Customs representative, at its sole and absolute discretion, the Shipper will promptly provide adequate supporting documentation and evidence to confirm the total retail value of the package or packages to be shipped by the Corporation, and fully understand that my failure to provide same may result in the Corporation’s refusal to accept (in whole or in part) any shipment and/or package(s).
- The contents of all packages shipped with the Corporation are fully and accurately described in the U.S. Customs Manifest and on any CN22 International customs declarations. Generic descriptions are not permitted and declaring quantities are mandatory.
- The Corporation shall declare any and all package(s) shipped on the Shipper’s behalf using the information provided on the completed U.S. Customs Manifest and/or on the International CN22 declaration, and the Corporation will not make any corrections, additions, or alterations without express consent from the Shipper to same and as such the Shipper forever now and in the future releases, indemnifies and saves harmless the Corporation and all of their employees, agents, contractors, successors, or assigns from any and all claims that U.S. or International Customs or the Shipper may have or may in the future have with respect to the U.S. Customs Manifest or CN22 International declaration.
- The contents of all package(s) must be accurately described and include the correct return name and address, in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures, and are classified, packaged, marked and labelled, and are in all respects in proper condition for transport and/or shipping according to applicable International and National Government regulations of any country, including the United States, through which the package(s) may travel.
All package(s) must not contain any prohibited or non-compliant items, the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any Federal, state or local government of any country to or through which the shipment may be carried, including but not limited to:
- Items valued at more than Eight Hundred (USD $800.00) U.S. Dollars
- Food and beverages (including candy, tea, coffee)
- Medical devices
- Medicine (prescription and non-prescription)
- Cannabis, narcotics or drugs of any kind
- Dietary supplements
- Glasses/eyewear (prescription and non-prescription)
- Firearms, ammunition and weapons of any kind
- Plant matter (including seeds)
- Chemicals, hazardous materials or combustibles
- Knockoffs (products that violate copyright laws)
- Human remains (including ashes and hair)
- Products regulated by the U.S food and drug administration (FDA)
- Products regulated by the U.S. department of agriculture (USDA)
- US Customs and Border Protection (US CBP)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Transport Security Administration (TSA)
The Shipper acknowledges that it is the Shipper's responsibility to ensure all shipments transiting with carriers subject to Transport Security Administration (TSA) import restrictions do not contain any prohibited or non-compliant items as outlined by TSA. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Fuels (ex. Propane, gasoline, butane, etc.)
- Flammable Matter
- Safety or strike-anywhere matches
- Electronics (ex. Battery operated devices)
- Nail Polish
- Alcohol-based perfumes
- Aerosols (ex. Spray-on deodorant, hair spray, etc.)
- Magnets or items including magnets
- Arc Lighters, Plasma Lighters, Electronic Lighters, E-Lighters
- Disposable and Zippo Lighters
- Dry Ice
- Vehicle Air Bags
- Vacuum-sealed bags
- The Shipper acknowledges that it is the Shipper's responsibility to ensure all shipments are in compliance with Provincial, Federal and International legislation and any other Applicable Laws (all laws and regulations respecting the transportation, exportation or importation of goods and materials that are applicable to packages consigned to the Corporation).
- The undersigned Shipper expressly acknowledges and agrees that the Corporation reserves the right to refuse to accept (in whole or in part) any shipment and/or package that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the carriage of same may be prohibited by International or National Regulations.
- Further, the Shipper acknowledges and agrees that any and all shipments may be subject to internal compliance checks by the Corporation, at its sole and absolute discretion, along with any external compliance checks performed by the United States Customs and Border Protection agency or International Customs Officers. For clarity, this means any and all packages may be opened to confirm the accuracy of the any shipment declarations.
- The shipper acknowledges that providing false or misleading Customs declaration(s) or attempting to ship prohibited items or restricted carrier items may result in fines, penalties and legal action.
The Shipper hereby agrees that this acknowledgment and waiver shall survive and not merge on completion of this transaction.
I hereby forever release, indemnify and save harmless, the Corporation and all of their employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns from any and all claims I now have or may in the future have with respect to the services provided hereunder.
I certify that all the statements made and all the information contained herein are true and accurate and that this document has been fully explained to me, that I have read and understand the content of same, and that I am signing same under no duress or undue influence from any party or entity whatsoever. I further understand that civil and criminal penalties may be imposed for making false representations or statements herein or for the violation of International or National laws.