The Postal Service is moving forward with its plan to update the pricing of popular services twice yearly in January and July to keep up with current postal trends. The USPS introduced these changes to their price increase schedule as a part of a 10-year strategy for sustainability to help address the increasing cost of operation and rising inflation rates.
The second pricing update for 2023 will feature changes which impact letters (both domestic and international) most directly. The launch of a new service offering, USPS Ground Advantage, will also accompany this pricing change.
Beginning Sunday July 9, the new rates set by our partner carrier, USPS, will automatically update on the Chit Chats platform. Although there will be no additional action required on your end, we recommend preparing your customers for the following rate increases.
First Class Mail (Letters, Postcards, Flats)
- Average increase of 6.5% for First Class Mail postage
- Includes both domestic and international stamps
- Average increase of 1.4%
- Ground Advantage will consolidate First Class Package Service, Retail Ground and Parcel Select Ground services
- This new service has a 2-5 day service standard
- Suitable for shipments up to 70 lbs
Stay tuned to our blog for more details on how the new service changes will impact you.
Learn more about our rates or get a quick estimate on our pricing page. You can also make use of the shipping calculator in your account to review the new rates.