Update June 16
Effective Friday, June 18, 2021, the Postal Service™ will resume acceptance of mail destined to Nepal.
Update June 9
Effective June 11, 2021, the Postal Service™ will suspend international mail acceptance to destinations where transportation is unavailable due to widespread cancellations and restrictions into the area. Customers are asked to refrain from mailing items addressed to Nepal & Syria, until further notice:
Update May 26
Effective Friday, May 28, 2021, the Postal Service™ will resume acceptance of mail destined to French Polynesia & Israel.
Updated May 19
Effective May 21, 2021, the Postal Service will suspend international mail acceptance to destinations where transportation is unavailable due to widespread cancellations and restrictions into the area. Customers are asked to refrain from mailing items addressed to Israel until further notice.
Updated May 13
Effective Friday, May 14, 2021, the Postal Service will resume acceptance of mail destined to Mauritius.
Updated May 5
Effective May 7, 2021, the Postal Service will resume international mail acceptance to Bermuda where the foreign postal operator was previously unable to process or deliver international mail or services originating from the United States.
USPS, our partner for U.S. shipments, is experiencing unprecedented delays with a huge increase in packages and reduced staff availability due to COVID-19. In an effort to manage current volumes, some processing facilities have temporarily stopped accepting new shipments. This has put a strain on their entire network, causing delays to deliveries and tracking updates.
USPS reassures us that they are working to alleviate the backlog as quickly as possible and they are redirecting shipments to other facilities during this time. As a result, you may notice shipments sent on a later date being processed sooner.
- Priority Mail & First Class Package two-day and three-day service commitments will be extended to three and four days respectively until further notice.
- Names of recipients will be collected verbally for proof of delivery to eliminate the need for collecting signatures.
- Due to limited airline route availability, Priority Mail Express guarantees for shipments to and from Alaska are being limited to loss only.
- Timeframes for when a mailpiece will be returned to sender will be temporarily extended until further notice. For all mail classes the timeframe will be extended to 30 days from attempted delivery.
- Disruptions for many international destinations due to limited airline route availability, reduced staffing and government restrictions. Expect lengthy delays for international shipments.
International Mail Service Suspensions
USPS is temporarily suspending international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to service impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Clients should refrain from sending items addressed to countries listed below until further notice.
Suspension Due to Foreign Postal Operator Service Suspension
- None at this time
Suspension Due to Unavailability of Transportation
|Cuba||Martinique||Saint Pierre and Miquelon (Miquelon)||Timor-Leste|
|French Guiana||Myanmar||South Sudan||Yemen|