Updated April 27, 2021
Location updates by region:
UPDATE Friday, May 14
Due to COVID-19 packages are still taking longer than usual to arrive however we’ve noticed transit times are slowly improving for international and Canadian shipments. That’s why we’ve revised the maximum delivery range to be more in line with current transit times. Estimated delays can range from:
- 4-45 business days for international shipments
- 2-12 business days for Canadian shipments
UPDATE Tuesday, Apr 27
On Tuesday, April 27, Nova Scotia Premier Iain Rankin announced new province-wide restrictions in response to the rise of COVID-19 variants of concern. The measures include new restrictions for gatherings and for non-essential businesses which go into effect Wednesday April 28 and are expected to last for a period of two weeks.
As an essential business, Chit Chats locations will remain open with our current hours of operation.
We ask clients to abide by the safety protocols posted by each drop spot location and ask them to not visit our contactless drop & go if they are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Additionally, the province strengthened its masking requirements. Masking is now mandatory outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained (including playgrounds and parks) and indoors in private workplaces when in:
- common areas
- places where there is interaction with the public
- areas with poor ventilation
- areas where distance cannot be maintained
For the health and safety of our staff, clients and communities, we would like to remind all clients that masks are mandatory at all times when visiting any Chit Chats location.
UPDATE Thursday, Apr 15
The waiting period to file a claim for loss with Chit Chats Insurance has been updated back to the standard 21 days.
- U.S. – 21 days from the ship date*, 45 days if shipped to APO or FPO addresses
- Canada – 21 days from the ship date*
- International – 45 days from the ship date, 60 days if shipped to an address in Italy
UPDATE Thursday, Apr 8
On Wednesday, April 7, the Government of Ontario declared a third state of emergency amid a third wave of new COVID-19 infections. The new stay-at-home orders go into effect beginning Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. All residents are required to limit outings to essential purposes only.
In this announcement, the province also introduced further safety measures for non-essential businesses. As an essential business, Chit Chats locations will remain open with our current hours of operation.
Other ways to get shipments to us
- Use our Canpar pickup service
- Mail-in your shipments to the hub branch in your region
- Have someone else drop off your shipments if you are not feeling well
We have taken precautionary measures at our branches:
- All Chit Chats branches have been supplied with hand sanitizer
- Extra steps to disinfect and clean common areas
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and other clients and staff
- All Chit Chats staff have been asked to take the following precautions below
- We recommend all our clients to use these guidelines as well
- Stay home if you’re sick, even if your symptoms are mild
- Pay extra special attention to hand hygiene; the CDC recommends washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds each time with warm soapy water (WHO: How to handwash?)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Minimize physical contact with others, elbow touches over handshakes or hugs
- Practice good respiratory hygiene (cover your mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue immediately)
- Limit non-mandatory travel
- Stay healthy and hydrated
We are committed to ensuring our staff and clients’ safety and doing everything we can to minimize the risks and impacts. We will continue to update this blog post with the most recent updates.
The Chit Chats Team