Latest closures and reduced hours by region:
UPDATE Tuesday, May 26
Our Toronto branch will re-open on Monday, June 1. There will be designated areas for contactless drop & go. The hours of operation will be Monday to Friday 11:00 am to 5:30 pm and closed on Saturday and Sunday. Find all the Ontario location updates here.
UPDATE Wednesday, May 20
The Plateau drop spot, UPS Store #306 has re-opened with the following hours:
- Monday to Friday 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Cut-off time 1:00 pm Monday to Friday
UPDATE Thursday, May 14
Our Edmonton drop spots are open again accepting Chit Chats shipments. Find the hours of operation on our latest blog post.
Currently we do not have any further timelines for re-opening other drop spots or branches. We will provide any updates here for any re-openings. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
UPDATE Wednesday, April 29
For our Quebec region clients.
While the provincial government of Quebec has advised of plans to slowly open services including retail businesses starting May 4, Chit Chats will continue to operate with contactless drop & go and adherence to physical distancing. We thank you for your continued cooperation and patience.
Starting May 1 our client support team hours will be 10 am – 6 pm Eastern time.
If you are requesting supplies from a branch please allow 3-5 business days for orders to be ready for pickup. Due to the high demand for supplies, an increase in shipping volumes and maintaining safety protocols with contactless arrangements there is a longer turnaround time for preparing supplies orders for pickup. We sincerely appreciate your patience.
UPDATE Friday, April 24
Carriers are experiencing severe processing and delivery delays due to COVID-19 and the volume of shipments being received. This means delayed tracking updates and delivery times will be longer as they work through processing shipments.
If you have not seen any recent tracking updates or delivery confirmation please be patient as carriers work through processing your shipments. Find details by carrier in our recent blog post here.
UPDATE Wednesday, April 22
Delays are being seen in processing, delivery and tracking updates to shipments within Canada, the U.S. and worldwide. We strongly suggest that you advise your customers accordingly as many carriers have removed any service guarantees. As always delivery times are estimated and not guaranteed. Find further details for how this impacts your shipments here.
UPDATE Friday, April 17
USPS, our partner carrier for U.S. shipments, has announced changes to their service commitments due to limited transportation availability. Effective immediately and until further notice, delivery commitments for the USPS Priority Mail & USPS First Class Package services will be extended from two- and three-day delivery to three- and four-days respectively.
As a result, you may expect to add an additional day to the delivery estimates for your U.S. shipments. We recommend updating your customers accordingly.
UPDATE Wednesday, April 8
For BC region clients: New reduced hours at our BC branches starting Monday, April 13
- Vancouver and Richmond
- Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday 10:00 – 6:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday closed
- Monday to Friday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
For Atlantic region clients: All Maritime Bus locations will be operating on a reduced schedule. Departures will take place on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule and most terminals will be closed on Sundays until further notice. Click here to find the updated hours of operation for a specific location.
UPDATE Thursday, April 2
With our contactless drop & go, batching and sorting shipments still apply. This means that if you have 10 or more shipments you must sort and batch by carrier. Failure to do so may cause processing delays and we want to ensure that your packages are processed efficiently and get on their way. Not sure how to create a batch? Learn more here.
UPDATE Wednesday, April 1
We ask for everyone’s cooperation to maintain proper physical distancing when dropping off shipments at our branches. During peak times, this may mean that a queue forms when dropping off shipments safely in our contactless area. We appreciate your patience with this. Read more.
UPDATE Thursday, March 26
We will have limited quantities of refurbished Zebra printers on sale for a special reduced price of $150 plus applicable taxes. Order online or email your branch today and our staff will make contactless arrangements directly with you.
UPDATE Wednesday, March 25
The UPS Store #520 drop spot will have reduced hours effective today.
- Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Cut-off remains the same 12:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday closed
UPDATE Tuesday, March 24
For our Quebec region clients, effective immediately, we will be unable to accept any UPS or FedEx shipments due to closures with our U.S. partners.
Also starting Wednesday, March 25 the UPS Store #306 drop spot will be closed until further notice. Today will be the last day for accepting shipments at this drop spot.
Due to COVID-19, delivery times can be expected to be delayed especially services to international countries.
Read more about the Ontario and Quebec provincial government updates here.
UPDATE Monday, March 23
- Chit Chats is operating as normal and we will update our clients once we know more from the government as to what constitutes an essential business.
- Updates to the Asendia Priority Tracked service. Read more.
- Thailand no longer available as a part of Asendia Priority Tracked effective immediately. This does not affect any shipments where postage has already been purchased or shipments in transit.
- There will not be any changes to rates at this time.
- Reduced drop spot hours starting Tuesday, Mar 24
- Burlington and Vaughan
- Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Find all revised hours in our Ontario region blog post.
- Burlington and Vaughan
UPDATE Thursday, March 19
UPDATE Wednesday, March 18
Chit Chats will continue to carry out normal cross-border operations for your U.S. bound shipments. We’re doing our best to help provide the highest level of service while doing our part to reduce the health impact for our community at large.
Additional travel restrictions concerning the Canada – United States border were announced this morning. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s address to Canadians, detailed that all non-essential travel including tourism and recreation will be temporarily restricted. Travel related to trade, commerce and other essential work will not be impacted by these changes.
We advise all our clients to let your customers know of possible delays with shipments due to the ever-changing environment.
As the situation evolves we’ll be updating our clients through this blog. Please check back for the latest information.
UPDATE Monday, March 16
Based on the information to date and the safety recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada, we made the decision to only accept shipments using contactless drop & go effective Wednesday, March 18 in all our branches until further notice. We are taking the following step as our top priority is the health and safety of our staff and clients while minimizing any interruption to your business.
What does this mean?
- All branches will accept shipments in designated areas only (contactless drop & go)
- Suspend in-branch label printing and computer usage
- Hold any returns at our branches
- If you’d like your returns sent back by mail please contact the branch
- Supplies from branches will only be available in bulk quantities please contact the branch to coordinate any requests or order online
- Revised branch hours in our Ontario region go into effect Wed Mar 18
- Schedule a courier pickup from your Chit Chats account
- Consolidate your shipments and mail them into a branch
- Label printers and scales are available for sale and if you’d like to have one sent to you contact your branch to coordinate
- Print postage at home using a standard desktop printer, ZPL thermal printer or a non-ZPL thermal printer
We understand that these are trying times and we ask for your patience as there may be wait times to facilitate contactless interactions between clients and staff. There will be signage at all branches to help identify the designated drop off areas. Our support team is always available by email if you have any questions.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Take care of yourself and others.
Out of an abundance of caution, our Ottawa drop spot, Makerspace North is suspending the acceptance of shipments effective immediately. Until further notice, we recommend that our Ottawa area clients make use of our courier pickup service or mail-in to our Pickering branch when getting their shipments to us.
UPDATE Sunday, March 15
As part of our commitment to client and staff safety, starting Monday, March 16 we will reduce access to shared branch computers until further notice. This is an effort to limit shared touchpoints and increase physical distances as recommended by the CDC and the health authorities.
We strongly encourage all clients to prepare and print postage at home. You can easily print from home with the following types of printers:
Other ways to help
- Stay at home if you or someone in your household are sick and/or show symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and other clients and staff
- Use the Drop & Go in our branches
Other ways to get shipments to us
- Use our courier pickup service
- Mail-in your shipments to a branch
- Have someone else drop off your shipments if you are not feeling well
UPDATE Friday, March 13
Ensuring the health and safety of our staff, clients, and partners is our top priority.
Given the growth in the number of cases of COVID-19 globally, we understand the increased concern surrounding this. As of today, there is no disruption to our services but we are aware that this could change at any moment depending on the government’s mandate. We are monitoring the situation daily to assess any impact on our and your business and will update you should anything change.
As of today, our partner carriers have advised no changes to their services. We recommend advising your customers especially in areas that have been impacted that shipments may experience delays as carriers navigate these areas.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that it is likely very low risk that the COVID-19 can be spread from products or packaging, because of poor survivability of coronaviruses on surfaces. Currently, there is no evidence to support the transmission of coronavirus associated with goods; and there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.
- USPS is currently not experiencing operational impacts.
- View the most recent statement from USPS and find a link to the CDC guidance here.
- Find updates for international service disruptions here.
- Currently, there is no ban on the movement of mail to and from the U.S.
- Due to the limited availability of flights, shipments may experience delays.
- Asendia service updates can be found here.
We have taken precautionary measures at our branches:
- All Chit Chats branches have been supplied with hand sanitizer
- Extra steps to disinfect and clean common areas
- All Chit Chats staff have been asked to take the following precautions below
- We recommend all our clients to use these guidelines as well
- Stay home if you’re sick, even if your symptoms are mild
- Pay extra special attention to hand hygiene; the CDC recommends washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds each time with warm soapy water (WHO: How to handwash?)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Minimize physical contact with others, elbow touches over handshakes or hugs
- Practice good respiratory hygiene (cover your mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue immediately)
- Limit non-mandatory travel
- Stay healthy and hydrated
We are committed to ensuring our staff and clients’ safety and doing everything we can to minimize the risks and impacts. We will continue to update this blog post with the most recent updates.
The Chit Chats Team