The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted businesses all across the globe and small businesses have been some of the hardest hit in particular. Our hearts are with our clients as we know you are facing difficult decisions and uncertainty in this unprecedented time. Our hope is that we will get through this together as this shall pass.
We’ve put together some COVID-19 business tips that may help you navigate the changing landscape as we know the situation continues to evolve.
Safety and Hygiene
- Be safe. The health and safety of yourself, your staff and your customers should be top of mind.
- The Government of Canada and provincial authorities have mandated specific guidelines to follow.
- Be flexible with your employees and if possible allow working from home as an option.
- Tap into the many digital options for scheduling meetings with vendors or suppliers (i.e. Zoom, Skype, Google to name a few).
- Over-communicate with your staff and customers. There is a lot of rapidly changing information out there competing for everyone’s attention. So, don’t assume that your message has gotten through.
- Being transparent will go a long way. If the situation is affecting your business, be upfront and discuss the ways you plan to deal with it.
- Be sure to address any panic and offer reassurance to both your staff and customers.
- Create a Plan B. Think of alternatives or experiment with new ideas. Sometimes new opportunities may present themselves that wouldn’t have been apparent.
- Is there a way to pivot your business? Go through different scenarios on how to deal with low inventory or no inventory. What other types of materials or things might you require at this time?
- Focus on the things you can control. While much of the situation may be out of our hands, the good news is that you don’t need to worry about the things you can’t fix.
With so much information available, be sure to look to reliable sources to inform your decisions. Also, don’t forget to reach out to your network! While you may be encountering difficulties, the chances are others in your industry are working through the same challenges. As always our support team is available to answer your questions and provide assistance to find the best shipping options for your needs.
Let us know if you have any other COVID-19 business tips!