We are always looking for ways to improve our platform and save you time. Our latest new feature allows you to easily duplicate a shipment rather than manually entering the shipment details again.
You may need to to duplicate a shipment if you have:
- multiple shipments to be sent to the same address
- repeat customer orders
- voided shipments that you would like to recreate
With this new feature you can duplicate one shipment at a time. Duplicated shipments will share all of the same details as the original shipment:
- item description
- package type
- postage type (if available)
If you are creating shipments with standard weight and dimensions that need to be sent to different addresses, you may benefit from using our shipping presets instead.
How to duplicate a shipment:
- Select the shipment you want to duplicate
- Click Other / Duplicate
- The duplicated shipment will appear in your pending tab (either the unpaid or incomplete state)
- Edit or pay for the shipment as you normally would
Shipping presets allow you to save common package sizes and descriptions for your shipments. Presets are an easy way to minimize repetitive data entry and save you time.
To save a preset go to your Settings / Shipping / New Preset:
Click on ‘New Preset’ and you will be prompted to provide details for the criteria you want to save:
You can save details on the following:
- Type and description of contents
- Retail value
- Package type
- Weight, size and postage
- Ship date
- Signature confirmation and Insurance
Save the preset by assigning it a name that you can easily identify. You can also edit and delete any presets that you have saved.
If you import via a CSV file or direct store integration you can use presets to apply to multiple shipments at once.
Save time by setting your preferred defaults for size and weight. Select your default units by going to your Settings / Shipping / Default Units:
Default units will also be selected when importing shipments in bulk by CSV file or direct store integration.
Share your feedback on these features with us as we are always looking for ways to improve our platform and save you time.
We heard your feedback regarding the way we deduct delivery fees from your account. We are happy to announce we will be implementing a new change in January:
- For those who buy postage directly from us, you will see the delivery fee deducted at the same time you buy postage.
- For those who buy postage outside of Chit Chats, the delivery fee will either be deducted before you drop off your packages or once we receive them.
This new feature simplifies how you see any pending payments for packages that will be dropped off.
We’ll share more details leading up to when this feature will go live so be sure to keep an eye out for us in your inbox.