Summer is officially over and the holiday season is quickly approaching! Online sales have steadily risen for almost a decade, which means this coming holiday season will be one of the busiest for online retailers. Shoppers are most active in the weeks prior to Black Friday and Christmas, so planning ahead is important for staying in front of the rush. Here are some things to ask yourself before heading into the holiday rush.
Check your website
- Year over year trends show that more purchases are made on mobile devices than computers. It’s a good idea to check how your website works when viewed on a phone or tablet.
- Customers crave clarity. A clear return policy, accurate product descriptions and transparency on shipping times will make transactions smoother for all.
Know your holiday shipping deadlines
- Prepare for sales to pick up early. While many shoppers wait until the last minute to buy gifts, the majority of online purchases happen early in the season (this can even be a week or two before Black Friday).
- Get your shipments in before the holiday carrier deadlines. We’ll be sharing these as soon as the carriers release them for the 2019 season.
Check your inventory and supplies
- Preset your common package weights and dimensions in your Chit Chats account. Presets help you prepare shipments quickly and easily, and can be set up in just four clicks.
- Know your bestsellers. Stock inventory on popular items so that you can prepare.
- Stock up on packaging materials to get you through the holiday season and avoid last minute rushes.
Prepare your shipments
- Our branches and drop spots may become busier during the holidays. Printing labels at home and dropping off packages earlier in the day can help you avoid crowds.
- If you haven’t already, connect your Amazon, eBay, Etsy or Shopify stores with your Chit Chats account to make adding shipments easier.
- Don’t forget to create batches when dropping off multiple shipments to help keep everything organized.
It’s never too early to start prepping for the holiday season. The coming months will be busy for everyone but a little organization and with Chit Chats to help, it can be the best holiday season yet!