UPDATE Wednesday, November 27: all countries listed below have either resolved their disputes or are no longer experiencing abnormal delays.
Currently there are several postal and transportation strikes causing delays when shipping to certain countries. The following countries may experience serious postage delays during the holidays:
- United Kingdom
- Royal Mail Strike diverted until the new year. We will continue to monitor this and provide any updates.
- During this time of year transit times are a bit longer due to increased volume.
- Hong Kong
- No major disruptions however shipments are experiencing minor delays due to the recent protests.
- Postal deal has been reached.
- No current disruptions and transit times can range up to 20 business days on average.
- No major delays at the present time.
These disruptions mean shipments sent before the 2019 Holiday Shipping Deadlines may not arrive by their intended date. Shipping estimates for these countries will not be accurate until these strikes are resolved.
We understand that these disruptions may impact your business during this busy time. Chit Chats will be monitoring these situations and we will keep you informed of any changes. If you have any additional questions or concerns please reach out to support team.