Did you know that USPS no longer allows merchandise to be shipped using First Class Mail International Flat? This came into effect January 21, 2018.What does this mean for you? Only documents are approved to be sent using this mail service.
What is considered a document?
- Audit and business records
- Personal correspondence
- Written instruments not intended to be resold
- Money orders, checks, and similar items that cannot be negotiated or converted into cash without forgery
What is no longer allowed?
- CDs, DVDs, flash drives, video and cassette tapes, and other digital and electronic storage media (regardless of whether they are blank or contain electronic documents or other pre-recorded media)
- Collector or antique document items
- Printed music
- Printed educational or test material
- Player piano rolls
- Commercial photographs, blueprints and engineering drawings
- Film and negatives
- Separation negatives
As a Chit Chats client if you are shipping anything other than documents you will have two options to ship internationally:
- USPS First Class Package or
- Chit Chats Standard International Service
Tip: USPS First Class International package includes tracking to most international destinations and to ensure this option is available select ‘Thick Envelope’ in the package details.
Chit Chats International Standard Service
A great alternative to USPS First Class International Package is Chit Chats International Standard Service* which offers low rates that make it affordable to send to many international destinations. The delivery time ranges from 7 to 22 business days which is the same as USPS. This service can be used for any packages up to 2 kg.
For example, 0.25 kg to England would cost $6.18 using Chit Chats International service versus Canada Post which could cost you anywhere from $20 or more.
Stay tuned as Chit Chats will soon be offering another discounted international service with tracking and fast delivery! We are committed to providing the best rates to our clients and always looking for ways to provide alternate shipping solutions.
*Delivery time can range depending on the destination country and tracking is not included.