Update Oct 19 Canpar peak season surcharges begin from Oct 15, 2021 through Jan 15, 2022 on items that require extra care, are overweight or large packages that exceed 130 inches.
Also effective Nov 1, 2021 are peak season surcharges for residential deliveries. This change will not impact your Canpar pickups to Chit Chats hubs. Learn more
Canpar has informed us of delays related to the current challenges of increased volumes and COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Possible delays between 1-2 business days for pickups
- If available, there will be am 8 am cut-off for same-day pickup (previously noon)
Canpar has made adjustments to their operations to minimize the impact on their services however, expect delays as they are experiencing high volumes of shipments.
Remember when using the Canpar pickup service to:
- Properly consolidate and package your shipments
- Avoid using bags of any kind as they are likely to be damaged in transit and can lead to lost packages
- Include a batch label for your consolidated shipments.
- Cover any other postage labels to prevent confusion with the courier. We recommend placing a piece of paper over other postage labels.
If you need additional support on how this service works, check out our Help & Support articles:
- How can I schedule, cancel or get an estimate for a third party courier pickup?
- Third party courier pickups FAQs
Canpar Service Changes
- Temporary suspension of service guarantees for Canpar Express shipments
- Names of recipients will be collected verbally for proof of delivery to eliminate the handling of electronic scanners for signatures.
- Only cheques will be accepted for Cash on Delivery shipments. Cash will not be accepted.
- Residential deliveries are now being made on weekends
- Canpar’s Response to COVID-19