As the year winds down, we want to remind you of the upcoming annual carrier rate increases that each carrier schedules for the new year. Carriers implement rate increases every year that are in line with rising costs due to inflation.
You will see increases for most postage types and there is no action required on your end. Rates will automatically be updated in your account.
New rates go into effect for most carriers in January. However, this year the United States Postal Service announced a change in their schedule for price increases. The USPS will move to a twice yearly schedule with rate increases in January and July to keep up with current postal trends.
We will update you with the specific dates for each carrier’s increase over the coming month. Please continue to check this post as our partner carriers confirm the details of these increases.
- Jan 9:
- Chit Chats U.S. Tracked*
- Proposed changes for USPS First Class Package, Media Mail*, Priority Mail & Priority Express Mail. Rates for First Class Mail services will increase in July 2022 rather than in January 2022.
- Average increase of 3.1% for both Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express services
- Average increase of 7.4% for First Class Package service
- UPDATE – UPS Mail Innovations (UPS MI)*
- UPDATE – Chit Chats U.S. Economy Tracked
- Jan 17
- UPDATE – Chit Chats Canada Tracked
- Jan 26
- UPDATE – Asendia International Priority Tracked
- UPDATE – Chit Chats International Tracked
- To be confirmed
- Canpar Courier Pickups
*The availability of this service may vary
Learn more about our rates or get a quick estimate on our pricing page.